|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Sarah Marx
- FRANCE / 2018 / DCP / Colour / 85’ / French; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Sarah Marx, Ekoué Labitey, Hamé Bourokba
- Director of Photography: Yoan Cart
- Editing: Karine Prido
- Music: Lucien Papalu
- Cast: Sandor Funtek, Sandrine Bonnaire, Virginie Acariès, Alexis Manenti
- Producer: Hamé Bourokba, Ekoué Labitey, Dominique Lancelot, Sarah Marx
- Production Co.: La Rumeur Filme
- World Sales: Versatile Films
Fresh out of jail, Ulysse is in dire need of money in order to pay the rent, get professional help for his depressed mother, and please his girlfriend. He comes up with a plan to sell drugs under the counter at music festivals disguised as a food vendor. Together with his friend David, he hits the road in a truck. In The Truk, the narrative feature-length debut of music video director Sarah Marx that premiered at the Horizons section of the Venice Film Festival, Sandrine Bonnaire and Sandor Funtek (Blue is the Warmest Color) are impressive as mother and son. Hamé and Ekoué of the rap group La Rumeur produced and co-wrote the script and extended a deft touch to the soundtrack.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.