|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
TO THE ENDS OF THE WORLD
LES CONFINS DU MONDE
- Director: Guillaume Nicloux
- FRANCE, BELGIUM / 2018 / DCP / Colour / 103’ / French; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Guillaume Nicloux, Jérôme Beaujour
- Director of Photography: David Ungaro
- Editing: Guy Lecorne
- Music: Shannon Wright
- Cast: Gaspard Ulliel, Guillaume Gouix, Gérard Depardieu, Lang-Khê Tran, Kevin Janssens
- Producer: Benoît Quainon, Sylvie Pialat
- Production Co.: Les Films du Worso, Les Armateurs, Orange Studio
- World Sales: Orange Studio
Guillaume Nicloux, the director of The End and Valley of Love, directs an unusual war film and focuses on a historical event rarely treated on film as he follows a French soldier after he survives a massacre in the hands of the Viet Minh in Indochina in 1945. In order to avenge his family, Robert joins a French military unit after the massacre that killed thousands of civilians, but his plans go awry. Notable for its technical proficiency, and the lead Gaspard Ulliel's performance, To the Ends of the World premiered at the Directors’ Fortnight section of the Cannes Film Festival, and is reminiscent of films like Apocalypse Now and The Platoon with its subject matter, fantastic atmosphere, and tough scenes.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.