|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
WATCHMEN OF DAWN
- Director: Halit Refiğ
- TURKEY / 1963 / Betacam / B&W / 120’ / Turkish; English s.t.
- Screenplay: Halit Refiğ, Sadık Şendil
- Director of Photography: Kenan Kurt
- Editing: Metin Miroğlu
- Cast: Göksel Arsoy, Leyla Sayar, Nilüfer Aydan, Ahmet Tarık Tekçe, Ekrem Bora, Hüseyin Baradan, Sami Hazinses, Necdet Tosun
- Producer: Göksel Arsoy
- Production Co.: Göksel Film, Ören Film
- World Sales: Fanatik Film
1960s when Yeşilçam is on its way to form its own character and consolidate its outlines... The mega production of Yeşilçam in that era is Watchmen of Dawn, which conveys Göksel Arsoy’s passion, airplanes, to cinema. Arsoy is involved in almost all its stages, as producer and lead actor with Ekrem Bora, and even exceeds the speed of sound in the plane during the shoot. The first ever aeronautics film made in Yeşilçam, its box office record was not broken for four years. This film is screened for Göksel Arsoy who will receive this year’s Cinema Honorary Award.
Images "Ali Can Sekmeç Sinema Koleksiyonu"
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.