|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
YOUNG AND ALIVE
- Director: Matthieu Bareyre
- FRANCE / 2018 / DCP / Colour / 94’ / French; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Matthieu Bareyre, Sophia Collet
- Director of Photography: Matthieu Bareyre
- Editing: Matthieu Bareyre, Isabelle Proust, Matthieu Vassiliev
- Producer: Valéry du Peloux
- Production Co.: Artisans du Film
- World Sales: BAC Films
- 2018 LOCARNO -- Europa Cinemas Label, Junior Jury Award, Special Jury Prize
In the months following the terrorist attacks in Paris, the youth has taken the night. Led by new faces and unheard groups, with their values and ideals, they open a new dialog, challenge the state and get ready for a new kind of revolution. Young and Alive provides an unique insider’s perspective to the French youth between 2015 and 2017, when atrocities were hitting the headlines and dark feelings of powerlessness and anxiety were abundant. Director Matthieu Bareyre captures a mosaic of words, anger and dreams, with conflicting emotions avoiding bias all through the film. The Parisian wanderings and interviews are all filmed at night, “the time when everything slows down; it’s a metaphor of this hugely dark time which we’re going through.”
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.