|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
A YELLOW ANIMAL
UM ANIMAL AMARELO
- Director: Felipe Bragança
- BRAZIL, PORTUGAL, MOZAMBIQUE / 2020 / DCP / Colour / 115’ / Portuguese; Turkish s.t.
- Screenplay: Felipe Bragança
- Director of Photography: Glauco Firpo
- Editing: Marina Meliande, Karen Black
- Original Music: Jonas Sá, Ricardo Dias Gomes
- Cast: Higor Campagnaro, Catarina Wallenstein, Isabél Zuaa, Tainá Medina, Matamba Joaquim, LucÍlia Raimundo, Diogo Dória
- Producer: Marina Meliande, Luís Urbano
- Production Co.: Duas Mariola Filmes, O Som e a Fúria
- World Sales: Shellac
A Yellow Animal transubstantiates a filmmaker’s voyage from Brazil to Mozambique and Portugal in quest of self-renewal and rediscovery of his initial aim of filmmaking into a melancholic and provocative, yet equally colourful confession about cinema. Brazilian filmmaker Felipe Bragança’s alter-ego is the protagonist of this film which doesn’t question only cinema itself, but also the notion of national identity. When Fernando, a director in his thirties, embarks on a journey to find traces of his military grandfather’s past, he soon realises that such notions as nationality, ethnic origins and colonial frontiers are fading away, and becomes a stranger to the very place he considers his own.
*Some scenes depicting sexuality/violence in this film might disturb certain viewers.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.