|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Xawery Zulawski
- POLAND / 2019 / DCP / Colour / 138’ / Polish; Turkish s.t.
- Screenplay: Xawery Zulawski
- Director of Photography: Andrzej J. Jaroszewicz
- Editing: Wojtek Wlodarski
- Original Music: Andrzej Korzyński
- Cast: Sebastian Fabijański, Jasmina Polak, Eryk Kulm Jr., Sebastian Pawlak, Daniel Olbrychski, Andrzej Chyra, Borys Szyc, Katarzyna Chojnacka
- Producer: Marcin Wierzchoslawski
- Production Co.: Metro Films
- World Sales: The Moonshot Company
After legendary Polish filmmaker Andrzej Zulawski passed away leaving an unfinished project behind, his son Xawery Zulawski brought it to completion. Xawery Zulawski is giving out strong signals that he will henceforth pursue an innovative style after his father’s example. The film’s ardent editing and framing can even be seen as an ode to Andrzej Zulawski’s cinematography. Bird Talk follows many characters at once: a history professor, a cleaner, a student in love with cinema... As it masterfully coils up around its characters, the film casts an acridly ironic and humorous glance at today’s Poland. Those familiar with such unforgettable Andrzej Zulawski works as Possession (1981) will find a similar savour in this legacy film’s energetic rhythm.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.