|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
DICTIONARY OF WASTE: RECYCLING DEFINITIONS AND IMAGES
ATIK SÖZLÜĞÜ: TANIMLARIN VE İMAJLARIN GERİ DÖNÜŞÜMÜ
- Director: Alper Şen
- TURKEY / 2019 / DCP / Colour / 68’ / Turkish; English s.t.
- Screenplay: Artık İşler Video Kolektifi
- Director of Photography: Alper Şen, Bilge Emir, Cihan Kulaksız, Deniz Şiar Bozkut, Devrim CK, Erhan Arık, Güliz Sağlam, Özge Çelikaslan, Rüya Çağrı
- Editing: Alper Şen
- Producer: Gülen Güler
- Production Co.: Artık İşler Video Kolektifi, Yalan Dünya Film Ltd.
- World Sales: Yalan Dünya Film Ltd.
Dictionary of Waste was filmed 2008-2019 in the visible and invisible corners of the city searching the journey of ‘garbage-waste’—invisible side of child labour and visible side of poverty and migration, dark sides of the glamourous word of ‘environmentalism and recycling’ and the wildest side of capitalism, as well as exploring and trying to redefine the glossary of ‘waste.’ The word can be used to describe disposable objects, pieces of culture, or even people. The objects worthy of throwing away for some may be worthy of picking, carrying, classifying for the others. While unwanted becomes wanted, the mega city of Istanbul re-invents and re-defines herself.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.