|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
HOW TO BE A GOOD WIFE
LA BONNE ÉPOUSE
- Director: Martin Provost
- BELGIUM / 2020 / DCP / Colour / 109’ / French; Turkish s.t.
- Screenplay: Martin Provost, Séverine Werba
- Director of Photography: Guillaume Schiffman
- Editing: Albertine Lastera
- Original Music: Grégoire Hetzel
- Cast: Juliette Binoche, Yolande Moreau, Noémie Lvovsky, Edouard Baer, François Berléand
- Producer: François Kraus, Denis Pineau-Valencienne
- Production Co.: Les Films du Kiosque
- World Sales: Memento Film Internationals
- Turkish Rights: Bir Film
Maintaining a household and stoically submitting to conjugal duty are the skills Paulette Van Der Beck teaches with fervor in her homemakers institute in 1967, at Alsace. Her certainties are shaken when she finds herself widowed and ruined. As she and her students prepare for the televised homemaking competition, will they be able to withstand the approaching storm of liberty? What if the good wife finally became a free woman? In his follow up to Sage Femme / The Midwife, Martin Provost finds ample material in 1960s patriarchal society for How To Be A Good Wife––a humorous and satirical take on a universal story about solidarity and gender equality.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.