|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Aude Chevalier-Beaumel, Marcelo Barbosa
- Brazil / 2019 / H264 / Colour / 84’ / Portuguese; Turkish s.t.
- Screenplay: Aude Chevalier-Beaumel, Michele Frantz, Marcelo Barbosa
- Director of Photography: Aude Chevalier-Beaumel, Marcelo Barbosa
- Editing: Quentin Delaroche
- Original Music: Malka Julieta, Nicolaus Domingues, Lucas Porto
- Production Co.: Santaluz
- World Sales: Urban Group
A personality transcending all pigeonholes, Brazilian trans* activist Indianara Siqueira has gained recognition thanks to her passionate style and powerful eloquence. Indianara had to fight for a lot of what makes up her life, but the public’s interest in her really sparked after she was expelled from her own party, the PSOL (Socialism and Liberty Party). Focusing on the character of its eponymous heroine, the documentary relays the story of the “war” she launched in the name of her trans* comrades, trying to earn a living by sex work on the streets. As we watch her stand like a rock against the oppression created by a binary world, it is impossible not to admire her tenacity and determination, inspiring hope to everyone around her.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.