|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
LOVE, SPELLS AND ALL THAT
AŞK, BÜYÜ VS.
- Director: Ümit Ünal
- TURKEY / 2019 / DCP / Colour / 96’ / Turkish; English s.t.
- Screenplay: Ümit Ünal
- Director of Photography: Türksoy Gölebeyi
- Editing: Ümit Ünal, Melike Kasaplar
- Cast: Ece Dizdar, Selen Uçer, Ayşenil Şamlıoğlu, Emrah Kolukısa, Uygar Özçelik, Damla Ersan, Murat Toprak, Tonguç Radar, Şirzat Bilallar
- Producer: Tayfur Aydın, Ümit Ünal
- Co-Producer: Fuat Volkan
- Production Co.: MTA Film
- World Sales: MTA Film
- 2020 ISTANBUL Golden Tulip Best Film, Best Actress (Selen Uçer & Ece Dizdar), Best Screenplay
- 2019 Antalya Best Actress (S. Uçer), Jury Special Award, SİYAD Best Film
We all believe in some ideas and dedicate our lives to them. Love, Spells and All That is the story of two women who question their belief in love and metaphysics. Eren and Reyhan had a love affair when they were 16 and 17. Eren is the daughter of a powerful MP while Reyhan is the daughter of the keeper in their summerhouse in Büyükada, an island in Istanbul. When their relationship was revealed, Eren's family forced them to separate. Eren returns to the island 20 years later. The film starts at this point. Reyhan believes what brings Eren back is not love but a ‘spell.’ She had had a love spell put on Eren 20 years ago. Eren is not superstitious, but she can't help questioning if the spell is real. She can't give up on Reyhan so somehow she has to get this spell undone. The two women start a daylong journey in Büyükada after an old love affair and an old spell.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.