|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
Human Rights in Cinema Competition
MADE IN BANGLADESH
- Director: Rubaiyat Hossain
- France, Bangladesh, Denmark, Portugal / 2019 / H264 / Colour / 95’ / Bengali; Turkish s.t.
- Screenplay: Rubaiyat Hossain, Philippe Barrière
- Director of Photography: Sabine Lancelin
- Editing: Raphaëlle Martin-Hölger, Sujan Mahmud
- Original Music: Tin Soheili
- Cast: Rikita Shimu, Novera Rahman, Parvin Paru, Deepanita Martin
- Producer: François d'Artemare, Ashique Mostafa
- Production Co.: Les Films de L'apres-midi, Khona Talkies
- World Sales: Pyramide International
2020 Tromso Peace Award
2019 Amiens Special Jury Prize, Audience Award
2019 Saint-Jean-de-Luz Best Actress (R.N. Shimu)
Made in Bangladesh focuses on a group of women who try to unite against their unfair employer. While insisting on the solidarity that binds them, it also casts light on the invisible labour behind the clothes bought around the world on a daily basis. What’s more, it does so without indulging into melodrama, but rather by projecting these women’s own way of putting up with everything, their buoyancy, on screen. Starting off in a small textile workshop in Bangladesh, Made in Bangladesh draws attention to the exploitation mechanisms upon which current world economy is built.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.