|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
MİMAROĞLU: THE ROBINSON OF MANHATTAN ISLAND
- Director: Serdar Kökçeoğlu
- TURKEY, USA / 2020 / DCP / Colour / 76’ / Turkish, English; Turkish s.t.
- Director of Photography: Levent Türkan
- Editing: Eytan İpeker
- Producer: Dilek Aydın, Esin Uslu
- Co-Producer: S. Buse Yıldırım
- Production Co.: Heimatlos Films, Lita House of Production
- World Sales: Heimatlos Films
- 2020 Antalya Special Jury Prize
Mimaroğlu: The Robinson of Manhattan Island is the story of two free spirits: legendary electronic music composer İlhan Mimaroğlu and his vibrant wife Güngör, who migrated to the USA from Turkey in the early 1960s. Using the couple’s personal archives, the documentary captures the career of İlhan as an edgy artist, and the power of their lifelong companionship, which started amidst a family drama. In a multi-layered structure, the film talks about immigration, music, love, and disappointment. The film premiered at the 2020 Visions du Réel Film Festival.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.