|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
National Documentary Competition
- Director: Nursen Çetin Köreken, Ümit Köreken
- TURKEY, GERMANY / 2019 / DCP / Colour / 79’ / Turkish, Sign Language; Turkish & English s.t.
- Screenplay: Nursen Çetin Köreken, Ümit Köreken
- Director of Photography: Murat Can Memiş
- Editing: Doruk Kaya
- Original Music: Cafer Ozan Türkyılmaz
- With: Muhammed Ali Çimen, Ümmü Akman, Cenk Utkuoğlu
- Producer: Nursen Çetin Köreken
- Co-Producer: Ufuk Genç
- Production Co.: Drama Yapım Film Medya, LightBurst Pictures GmbH
- World Sales: Drama Yapım Film Medya
Muhammed Ali is hearing-impaired boy suffering walking disability. His biggest dream is to be able to walk one day. For many years, he was under medical observation, anticipating for the moment he would walk after his surgery. When he was 14-years-old, his doctor tells him surgery may cause bigger problems, and recommends swimming. His grandmother Ümmü talks to directress of swimming pool, and swimming trainer Cenk voluntarily accepts to teach Muhammed Ali how to swim. Muhammed Ali now has a new dream in his life: becoming a swimming champion.
*Viewing suitable for persons aged 9 and over.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.