|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
MY TENDER MATADOR
TENGO MIEDO TORERO
- Director: Rodrigo Sepúlveda
- Chile, Argentina, Mexico / 2020 / DCP / Colour / 93’ / Spanish; Turkish s.t.
- Screenplay: Rodrigo Sepúlveda
- Original Work: Pedro Lemebel
- Director of Photography: Sergio Armstrong
- Editing: Ana Godoy, Rosario Suárez
- Original Music: Pedro Aznar
- Cast: Alfredo Castro, Leonardo Ortizgris, Julieta Zylberberg Amparo Noguera, Sergio Hernández, Luis Gnecco, Ezequiel Díaz, Paulina Urrutia
- Producer: Florencia Larrea, Lucas Engel, Gregorio González, Ezequiel Borovinsky, Alejandro Israel, Diego Martínez Ulanosky, Jorge López Vidales
- Production Co.: Forastero
- World Sales: Grandave International
2020 Thessaloniki Audience Award-Open Horizons
Chile’s dark days under the brutal dictatorship is being retold from a different perspective: from the window of the love of two lonely people. 1986. Just months after a devastating earthquake and months prior to the attempted assassination of Pinochet. Among gunshots and boleros, a passionate relationship, where sometimes a kiss is considered too much, flourishes between a lonely aging CD gay known as "La Loca," and a young guerrilla. “An improbable love,” says director Sepúlveda, “from the very first moment, you realise that this love story will end up as a tragedy.” Starring Alfredo Castro who was the lead in White on White in the June online selection, My Tender Matador premiered at Venice Film Festival’s Venice Days sidebar. The film was adapted from writer and activist Pedro Lemebel’s very well-known novel of the same title, about which Lemebel says “yes it is a love story, because life is a love story.” The soundtrack was composed by Pedro Aznar, Argentine jazz musician.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.