|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
National Documentary Competition
PHASES OF MATTER
- Director: Deniz Tortum
- TURKEY / 2020 / DCP / Colour and B&W / 71’ / Turkish
- Screenplay: Deniz Tortum
- Director of Photography: Deniz Tortum
- Editing: Sercan Sezgin
- Original Music: Alican Çamcı
- Producer: Anna Maria Aslanoğlu, Öykü Canlı, Aslı Erdem, Fırat Sezgin
- Production Co.: istos film, Yumurta Yapım, Beatrice Films, Institute of Time
- World Sales: istos film
- 2020 Antalya Best Documentary
Phases of Matter follows the daily lives of the doctors, nurses and staff who call the hospital their home, the hospital’s faded buildings, its power supply that runs on gossip, and the humor that diligently tries to lighten up death. The film aims to understand life at the hospital by wandering around the doctor’s office, the operation room, and countless other corners where the healthy wouldn’t dare to go; focusing on the immense ability of the healthcare workers to deal with everything that takes place under this roof, the resilience and the fragility of bodies, and the fragile country right outside.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.