|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
Out of Competition
SCENES I IMAGINE
- Director: Metin Akdemir
- TURKEY / 2020 / DCP / Colour / 45’ / Turkish; Turkish s.t.
- Screenplay: Metin Akdemir
- Director of Photography: Oğuzhan Üstün
- Editing: Emre Kaya, Mehmet Ali Balioğlu
- Original Music: Ah! Kosmos
- Cast: Katılanlar With: Su İnce, Ece Zeynep Taşkın, Bulut Sezer, Nihal Albayrak, Gizem Tileylioğlu, Derin Cankaya, Özgür Biber
- Producer: İrem Akbal, Emre Kaya
- Production Co.: alt Production House
- World Sales: alt Production House
“I always liked films which tell stories that unfold among women. Although some of these do not clearly show us a queer relationship, some allusions in them make me think that the relationship between women characters is more than just friendship. Are these possible queer relationships my readings or can they not reveal their implications because of censorship? Or are they just stories about women’s friendship? I set out to see what may happen when I approach these films from a queer perspective and add the scenes I imagine. I know that I will not reach an absolute. What is more appealing is this ambiguity.”
– Metin Akdemir
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.