|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Faysal Soysal
- TURKEY, IRAN / 2020 / DCP / Colour / 118’ / Turkish; English s.t.
- Screenplay: Faysal Soysal
- Director of Photography: Vedat Özdemir
- Editing: Mostafa Kherghehpoosh
- Music: Payam Azadi
- Cast: Serdar Orçin, Sezin Akbaşoğulları, Kübra Kip, Ali Mert Yavuzcan, Şebnem Dilligil, Rıza Akın
- Producer: Faysal Soysal
- Co-Producer: Ali Noori Oskouei
- Production Co.: Balkon Film, Farabi Cinema Foundation
- World Sales: ArtHood Entertaintment
Hayati is a writer whose talent as well married life worsens. He is deeply obsessed with reviving a dried walnut tree at his father’s house. The more he tries to dig into his father’s past and death, the more confused and lost he gets. Finding out about his wife’s affair is a terrible blow, but his seemingly weak character does not allow him to react the way he is expected to. While struggling to get rid of his hellish life, he meets his best friend’s fiancée, who looks so much like his own ex-girlfriend, inspiring him to write again. Surprisingly, the walnut tree starts budding, too. Just as hope flares up inside him, his mother dies and his wife elopes with her lover. He can no longer take it and leaves the town. A couple of days later, the police discovers the burned body of a woman. Hayati is arrested and accused of murder. Though innocent, he pleads guilty.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.