|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
SUMMER OF 85
- Director: François Ozon
- FRANCE / 2020 / DCP / Colour / 100’ / French; Turkish s.t.
- Screenplay: François Ozon
- Original Work: "Dance on My Grave", Aidan Chambers
- Director of Photography: Hichame Alaouié
- Editing: Laure Gardette
- Original Music: Jean-Benoît Dunckel
- Cast: Félix Lefebvre, Benjamin Voisin, Philippine Velge, Valeria Bruni Tedeschi, Melvil Poupaud
- Producer: Éric Altmayer, Nicolas Altmayer
- Production Co.: Mandarin Films, Scope Pictures
- World Sales: Playtime
- Turkish Rights: Bir Film
François Ozon’s follow-up to the Berlinale Grand Jury Prize-winner Grâce à Dieu / By the Grace of God is a broken love story set in Normandy. When young Alexis is caught up in the deceitful Normandy sea, David heroically saves him from drowning. And, this is how Alexis meets the person of his life. But, how long will this tumultuous, dreamy love last, longer than the summer of 85? Shot on Super 16 film like Ozon’s earlier shorts, Summer of 85 bears the Cannes 2020 label, and competed at San Sebastian Film Festival. The film is adapted partly from Aidan Chambers’ novel Dance on My Grave.
*Viewing suitable for persons aged 16 and over.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.