|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Magnus von Horn
- POLAND, SWEDEN / 2020 / DCP / Colour / 106’ / Polish; Turkish & English s.t.
- Screenplay: Magnus von Horn
- Director of Photography: Michal Dymek
- Editing: Agnieszka Glińska
- Original Music: Piotr Kurek
- Cast: Magdalena Koleśnik, Julian Swiezewski, Aleksandra Konieczna, Zbigniew Zamachowski
- Producer: Mariusz Wlodarski
- Production Co.: Lava Films
- World Sales: New Europe Film Sales
- Turkish Rights: MUBI
Sweat recounts three days in the life of fitness coach Sylwia Zajac, a social media celebrity. Although she has hundreds of thousands of followers, is surrounded by loyal employees and admired by acquaintances, she is looking for true intimacy. When one of her posts on Instagram goes viral, an unsettling stalker follows her, Sylwia is confronted to her own solitude and starts to question her life choices. The follow-up by Magnus von Horn to 2014’s Efterskalv / The Here After was labelled after the virtual Cannes 2020 edition. “Emotional exhibitionists fascinate me, probably because I am on the opposite side of that spectrum,” says von Horn about Sweat, which coolly observes without judgement in the social media era through the life of an influencer.
*Some scenes depicting sexuality/violence in this film might disturb certain viewers.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.