|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Orçun Behram
- TURKEY / 2019 / DCP / Colour / 116’ / Turkish; English s.t.
- Screenplay: Orçun Behram
- Director of Photography: Engin Özkaya
- Editing: Burç Alataş
- Music: Can Demirci
- Cast: İhsan Önal, Gül Arıcı, Levent Ünsal, Enis Yıldız, Işıl Zeynep, Murat Sağlam, Eda Özel, Elif Çakman, Mert Toprak Yadigar
- Producer: Orçun Behram
- Co-Producer: Müge Özen
- Production Co.: Lucidlab Film Prodüksiyon, Solis Film
- World Sales: Stray Dogs
- 2020 ISTANBUL Special Jury Prize (in memory of Onat Kutlar), Best Cinematography, Best Original Music, Seyfi Teoman Best Debut Film Prize
In a dystopian Turkey, the Government begins installing new broadcasting networks throughout the country, “unifying” transmissions. Mehmet, a superintendent at a crumbling apartment complex, walks to work amid the clatter of construction. He discovers that the municipality will install a new antenna at the apartment block today. But when the municipal officer falls to his death during installation, Mehmet’s reality begins to shift. The antenna and the broadcasts it transmits begin to menace the residents of the apartment complex. Mehmet must seek out the spiteful entity which has been causing the disruption.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.