|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
THE HUMAN VOICE
- Director: Pedro Almodóvar
- SPAIN-USA / 2020 / DCP / Colour / 30’ / English, Turkish s.t.
- Screenplay: Pedro Almodóvar
- Original Work: Jean Cocteau
- Cinematography: José Luis Alcaine
- Editing: Teresa Font
- Music: Alberto Iglesias
- Cast: Tilda Swinton
- Producer: Agustín Almodóvar, Esther García
- Production Co.: El Deseo, FilmNation Entertainment
- World Sales: Wanda Films, Avalon, Sony Pictures Classics
- Turkey Sales: Bir Film
A 30-minute short that premiered at the Venice Film Festival, Pedro Almodovar’s latest film is a charming small jewel adorned with the filmmaker’s unmistakable trademarks: bold colours, swinging between heartbreak and comedy, and full of passion, reflected singly by Tilda Swinton. Adapted from Jean Cocteau play of the same name, The Human Voice follows Tilda Swinton’s nameless character as she first buys and axe, and then having a phone conversation at home with her ex-lover as she rummages through objects. The Human Voice is a new Almodovar masterpiece.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.