|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
THE OTHER LAMB
- Director: Malgorzata Szumowska
- IRELAND / 2019 / DCP / Colour / 95’ / English; Turkish s.t.
- Screenplay: Catherine S. McMullen
- Director of Photography: Michal Englert
- Editing: Jaroslaw Kaminski
- Original Music: Pawel Mykietyn, Rafael Leloup
- Cast: Raffey Cassidy, Michiel Huisman, Denise Gough, Ailbhe Cowley, Eve Connolly, Isabelle Connolly, Jane Herbert, Aislin McGuckin
- Producer: David Lancaster, Stephanie Wilcox, Aoife O'Sullivan
- Production Co.: Rumble Films, Subotica Productions Limited
- World Sales: TrustNordisk ApS
Malgorzata Szumowska’s is a name the festival followers are closely familiar with. She gained attention with her unique style, as displayed in Cialo / Body (2015) and Twarz / Mug (2018), and it certainly looks as though the Polish director’s Irish production The Other Lamb will add to her fame. Underpinned by stunning cinematography, the film’s story is set within a sect made up entirely of women except for its leaders. Szumowska manages to construct a distressful land where one feels isolated from the rest of the world, and primal instincts are set in motion. The film’s tension starts to build up when its main character, Selah, who knows nothing of the world outside this closed community where everybody obeys the rules, begins to question its leader’s aura.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.