|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
THE WOMAN WHO RAN
- Director: Hong Sang-soo
- KOREA / 2020 / DCP / Colour / 77’ / Korean; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Hong Sang-soo
- Director of Photography: Kim Sumin
- Editing: Hong Sang-soo
- Original Music: Hong Sang-soo
- Cast: Kim Minhee, Seo Younghwa, Song Seonmi, Kim Saebyuk, Lee Eunmi, Kwon Haehyo, Shin Seokho, Ha Seongguk
- Producer: Hong Sang-soo
- Production Co.: Jeonwonsa Film Co. Production
- World Sales: Finecut
- 2020 Berlin Best Director
With The Woman who Ran, Korean master director Hong Sang-soo undertakes another subtle and emotional character depiction without letting go of his distinctive plainness. Nibbling at human relationships with a bittersweet sense of humour as always, Sang-soo entrusts his 24th film’s main character to Kim Minhee, as he did countless times before. Gamhee finds herself alone for the first time in five years when her husband goes on a business trip, and spends the next three days meeting up with three of her women acquaintances. Each encounter allows Gamhee to take more confidence in herself, free herself from dependence and obligations and look at the world from a brand new perspective.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.