|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
ASA GA KURU
- Director: Naomi Kawase
- JAPAN / 2020 / DCP / Colour / 140’ / Japanese; Turkish & English s.t.
- Screenplay: Naomi Kawase, Izumi Takahashi
- Director of Photography: Yuta Tsukinaga, Naoki Sakakibara
- Editing: Tina Baz, Yoichi Shibuya
- Cast: Hiromi Nagasaku, Arata Iura, Aju Makita, Miyoko Asada
- Producer: Yumiko Takebe
- Production Co.: Kinoshita Group Co., Ltd.
- World Sales: Playtime
- Turkish Rights: Filmartı
Naomi Kawase’s latest touching family drama tells the story of a young couple, who, after a long and unsuccessful struggle to get pregnant, convinced by the discourse of an adoption association, decide to adopt a baby boy. Six years later, their parenthood is shaken by a threatening unknown girl, who pretends to be the child's biological mother, and asks for money. The Cannes 2020 labelled True Mothers was later screened at Toronto and San Sebastian film festivals. Naomi Kawase, the director of Still Water, An, and Vision, adapted True Mothers to screen from mystery writer Mizuki Tsujimura’s novel.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.