|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
UNDER THE ROAD, THE RIVER!
ASFALTIN ALTINDA DERELER VAR!
- Director: Yasin Semiz
- TURKEY / 2019 / DCP / Colour / 51’ / Turkish; Turkish s.t.
- Screenplay: Yasin Semiz
- Director of Photography: Sinan Demirkaya, Cem Akbulut, Yasin Semiz
- Editing: Yasin Semiz
- Original Music: Teneke Trampet, Golden Horn
- Cast: Katılanlar With: Hasan Akyar, Ahmet Soyak, Duygu Cihangir, Erman Tamur, Bilge Bektaş, İdil Börtücene, Kumru Arapgirlioğlu, Bülent Batuman, Ahmet Demirtaş, Önder Algedik
- Producer: Yasin Semiz
- Production Co.: Luwi Film
- World Sales: Luwi Film
- 2020 Ankara VEKAM Special Prize
- 2019 Istanbul International Architecture and Urban Films Festival 3rd Best Documentary
Kavaklıdere, Hoşdere, Bentderesi, Cevizlidere, İncesu Avenue... Ankara residents are not aware, but every day while walking on the streets and avenues of Ankara named after “deres” or streams, they are actually passing over the underground streams. When Ankara was declared capital of the young Turkish republic in 1923, a conspicuous characteristic of the city was distinguishable: streams, which mostly disappeared as the city grew from its initial reconstructed form in the first half ot eh 20th century. A group of activists are still pursuing the traces of these disappeared streams, recalling and wandering about their eventual fates. Under The Road, The River! traces the lost streams of Ankara and sheds light on the struggle to bring these streams back to the daylight.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.