Sunday, April 8
Tomorrow’s screenings with the participation of directors, producers, or actors:
- Ravens from the section “Young Masters” at 11:00 at Beyoğlu Sineması with the participation of the director Jens Assur;
- The Cakemaker from the section “Where Are You My Love?” at 19:00 at Cinemaximum Nişantaşı City’s 7th Hall with the participation of the director-screenwriter Ofir Raul Graizer;
- Arabesk from the section “Cinemania” at 19:00 at Beyoğlu Sineması with the participation of Müjde Ar and Şener Şen;
- Happy Winter from the section “Documentary Time with NTV” at 19.00 Cinemaximum Nişantaşı City’s 3rd Hall with the participation of the director Giovanni Totaro;
- Of Skin and Men from the section “No More Flowers” at 19.00 at Cinemaximum Zorlu Center with the participation of the director Mehdi Ben Attia;
- Bikini Moon from the section of “No More Flowers” at 21:30 at Atlas Sineması 2nd Hall with the participation of the director Milcho Manchevski.
Why Do Critics Exist?
On the third day of the festival, film critics Fatih Özgüven, Mehmet Açar, Kutlukhan Kutlu, Senem Aytaç, and Yeşim Tabak will be discussing the significance of criticism, and what function and importance it holds for cinema. The talk will be moderated by film critic Hüseyin Cömert and take place at 16:00 at the festival’s center, Yapı Kredi Kültür Sanat.
Concert: %100 Arabesk
To honor the film Arabesk, 20th anniversary of which we’re celebrating this year, there’s a concert waiting for us! Gülden Karaböcek, Tüdanya, İstanbul Arabesk Project, Ayta Sözeri, Demet Evgar, Serkan Keskin, Umut Kurt and Melisa Doğu are some of the many prominent figures from the Arabesque music scene and film industry, who will be joining us at this night. The concert will take place at Cahide Müzikhol at 22:00. For %100 Arabesque, the tickets are at Biletix!