|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Abbas Kiarostami
- IRAN, FRANCE / 2017 / DCP / Colour / 120´ / No dialogue; s.t.
- Screenplay: Abbas Kiarostami
- Director of Photography: Abbas Kiarostami
- Producer: Ahmad Kiarostami, Charles Gillibert
- Production Co.: CG Cinéma, Kiaorstami Foundation
- World Sales: CG Cinéma
Before his death, Iranian master director Abbas Kiarostami, who has always pushed cinematic boundaries and never abandoned photography as he was creating cinematic masterpieces, brought his passion for photography to film. The swan song of Kiarostami, who received the Honorary Cinema Award of the Festival in 1999, 24 Frames consists of 24 short films each clocking in at four and a half minutes and inspired by photographs and paintings. The starting point of this unique film is a metaphysical question: What happens in the moments before and after a photograph is taken? What imaginary hereafter does an image conceal? This dialogue-free film which bridges two passions of Kiarostami, photography and cinema, is a final love letter to cinema and a visual treasure for film lovers.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.