|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: F.J. Ossang
- FRANCE, PORTUGAL / 2017 / DCP / B&W / 99´ / French; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: F.J. Ossang
- Director of Photography: Simon Roca
- Editing: Walter Mauriot
- Music: Jack Belsen / M.K.B. Provisoire
- Cast: Paul Hamy, Damien Bonnard, Pascal Greggory, Gaspar Ulliel, Lisa Hartmann, Elvire, Alexis Manenti
- Producer: Sébastien Haguenauer, Luís Urbano
- Production Co.: 10:15 Productions, 0SS/100 Films & Documents, O Som e a Furia
- World Sales: Capricci Films
- 2017 LOCARNO Best Director
Magloire is on the run from his life without a suitcase in hand or a plan in his mind. He bumps into a dying man who hands him a wad of cash. Is he a godsend or harbinger of doom? Soon after, Magloire falls hostage to a thieving gang and becomes both a victim and an accomplice. Cult French director and musician F.J. Ossang, the uncompromising punk poet of cinema, describes 9 Fingers, his new film in seven years, as “a delirious punk requiem”. The film’s marvelous visuals are said to be homage to Jean-Pierre Melville’s spirit.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.