|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
A JOURNEY TO THE FUMIGATED TOWNS
VIAJE A LOS PUEBLOS FUMIGADOS
- Director: Fernando E. Solanas
- ARGENTINA / 2018 / DCP / Colour / 97´ / Spanish; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Fernando E. Solanas
- Director of Photography: Nicolás Sulcic, Fernando E. Solanas
- Editing: Juan Carlos Macías, Alberto Ponce, Nicolás Sulcic, Fernando E. Solanas
- Music: Mauro Lázzaro
- Producer: Fernando E. Solanas
- Production Co.: Cinesur S.A.
- World Sales: Wide House
Argentine militant filmmaker Fernando E. Solanas in his latest focuses on soy fields that have turned into an invasive industry in his own country. Visiting several industrial agricultural fields in different districts in Argentina, Solanas demonstrates that this manner of agricultural production is harmful for both the land and the people from infants poisoned by agrochemicals to small farmers displaced by multinational corporations. Premiering at a special screening at Berlin Film Festival, A Journey to the Fumigated Towns follows Solanas interviewing indigenous farmers, doctors, experts, and even has a blood test applied to himself, all the while inquiring about alternatives to this vicious circle.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.