|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Pablo Berger
- SPAIN, FRANCE / 2017 / DCP / Colour / 96´ / Spanish; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Pablo Berger
- Director of Photography: Kiko de la Rica
- Editing: David Gallart
- Cast: Maribel Verdú, Antonio de la Torre, José Mota, José Maria Pou, Quim Gutiérrez, Priscilla Delgado
- Producer: Ibon Cormenzana, Jérôme Vidal, Pablo Berger, Ignasi Estapé, Pablo Berger
- Production Co.: FD Production
- World Sales: Playtime
- Turkish Rights: Fabula Films
A dark comedy has never been this colorful! From the maverick Spanish director Pablo Berger comes a social commentary that marries elements of film noir and gothic horror with a breathless tempo and eye-catching visuals. Carmen and Carlos, an ordinary couple, attend their nephew’s wedding. After the cutting of the cake, Carmen’s cousin Pepe searches for a volunteer on whom he can perform his amateur hypnosis act. Carlos comes up with the sole intention of messing up Pepe’s demonstration. Pepe’s show fails on the stage, but what he does is enough for the spirit of a serial killer to possess Carlos. Full to the brim with thrills, laughs, the occult and 80’s nostalgia there is never a dull moment in this social satire.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.