|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Anahí Berneri
- ARGENTINA / 2017 / DCP / Colour / 82´ / Spanish; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Anahí Berneri, Javier van de Couter
- Director of Photography: Luis Sens
- Editing: Delfina Castagnino, Andrés Pepe Estrada
- Music: Nahuel Berneri
- Cast: Sofía Gala Castiglione, Dante Della Paolera, Dana Basso, Silvina Sabater, Carlos Vuletich
- Producer: Diego Dubcovsky, Laura Huberman, Anahí Berneri
- Production Co.: Varsovia Films, Laura Cine, Rosaura Films
- World Sales: Fandango S.R.L
- 2017 HAVANA Best Film
- 2017 SAN SEBASTİAN Best Director, Best Actress (S. Gala Castiglione)
Alanis is the story of a woman who is trying to make ends meet as a sex worker in Buenos Aires. After getting kicked out of her home due to inadequate and biased laws, Alanis has to live by street rules and protect her honour in the face of racism and prejudice, while taking care of her child. However, things get into a deeper rut. Argentine director Anahí Berneri paints an extraordinarily realistic and clear portrait of the social decay in her native country without resorting to any moral or social judgment. The interaction of Sofía Gala Castiglione in the titular role with her real life son results in a marvelous performance.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.