|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Milcho Manchevski
- USA / 2017 / DCP / Colour / 102´ / English; Turkish s.t.
- Screenplay: W. P. Rosentha, Milcho Manchevski
- Director of Photography: Joshua Z. Weinstein
- Editing: Ann Husaini
- Cast: Condola Rashad, Sarah Goldberg, Will Janowitz, Sathya Sridharan
- Producer: Anja Wedell, Munire Armstrong
- Production Co.: Czar
- World Sales: Czar
- Fantasporto Special Jury Award
Milcho Manchevski, the director of 1994’s still relevant masterpiece Before the Rain, encourages the audience to question the grey area between fiction and documentary as he probes the “fiction of documentary” and “documentary of fiction.” In Bikini Moon, a documentary crew tries to make a vet with mental health issues the subject of their film thinking that he would make a gold mine of a subject. As Manchevski discusses the perception of reality in modern times, different approaches and genres meld together. Bikini Moon is a modern tale about the subjectivity of truth and salaciousness of disclosure.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.