|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Tolga Karaçelik
- TURKEY / 2017 / DCP / Colour / 117´ / Turkish, German; English s.t.
- Screenplay: Tolga Karaçelik
- Director of Photography: Andaç Şahan
- Editing: Evren Luş
- Music: Ahmet Kenan Bilgiç
- Cast: Tolga Tekin, Bartu Küçükçağlayan, Tuğçe Altuğ, Serkan Keskin, Hakan Karsak
- Producer: Tolga Karaçelik, Diloy Gülün, Metin Anter
- Co-Producers: Mehmet Kurtuluş, Vehbi Berksoy, Kemal Çömelek, Kerem Bürsin, Göktuğ Sarıöz
- Production Co.: Karaçelik Film
- World Sales: Films Boutique
- 2018 ISTANBUL National Competition -- Special Jury Prize in memory of Onat Kutlar, Best actor ex aequo (Tolga Tekin)
- 2018 SUNDANCE World Cinema–Dramatic Grand Jury Prize
Close-up of an astronaut’s face. The astronaut is Cemal. Kenan dubs home videos for a living. In a classroom, kindergarten teacher Suzan weeps frantically. They are the sons and daughter of Mazhar. Now, after being 30 years apart, their father calls them back home to their village of Hasanlar. They don’t know why. When they arrive to Hasanlar, they realise that their father is dead and in his will he asks to be buried when the butterflies come to the village to die; one of the many strangeness of this village. Three siblings who neither know each other nor anything about their father will have to kill time in this village while waiting for the time of the butterflies. As they start to find out more about their father and about each other, they also start to know more about themselves.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.