|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Christian Sonderegger
- FRANCE / 2017 / DCP / Colour / 77´ / English; Turkish s.t.
- Screenplay: Christian Sonderegger
- Director of Photography: Georgi Lazarevski
- Editing: Camille Toubkis
- Producer: Moira Chappedelaine-Vautier, Marie-Castille Mention Schaar
- Production Co.: Ciaofilm & Willow Films, Le Fond d’aide a l’innovation, CNC
- World Sales: Alpha Violet
Hailing from a small town in the American Midwest, 23 year-old Suzanna goes through gender reassignment and becomes a man named Coby. Named after its protagonist, the film asks “how” rather than “why” and follows not only Coby, but also his family who breaks their shell while going through this difficult process. As Coby’s father succinctly puts it: “Changing has consequences, but not doing it has also consequences.” In his first feature length documentary, which premiered at ACID section of Cannes, director Christian Sonderegger focuses on not only the challenges trans* people go through, but also change itself.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.