|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Sebastián Lelio
- UK / 2017 / DCP / Colour / 114´ / English; Turkish s.t.
- Screenplay: Sebastián Lelio, Rebecca Lenkiewicz
- Original Work: Naomi Alderman
- Director of Photography: Danny Cohen
- Editing: Nathan Nuget
- Music: Matthew Herbert
- Cast: Rachel Weisz, Rachel McAdams, Anton Lesser, Alessandro Nivola
- Producer: Frida Torresblanco, Rachel Weisz, Ed Guiney
- Production Co.: Element Pictures, LC6 Productions, Braven Films
- World Sales: FilmNation Entertainment
- Turkish Rights: Warner Bros.
Handing the leading roles to Rachel McAdams and Rachel Weisz, Sebastián Lelio, the director of Oscar-winning A Fantastic Woman which was a hit at last year’s Filmekimi, continues to emphatically examine women who endure difficulties. Successful New York-based photographer Ronit returns to London after her father’s death. She is received coldly by the devout Jewish community she left behind many years ago. Meanwhile, her childhood friends Esti and Dovid are now a married couple and respected in the community as teachers. An affair in the past between the two girlfriends will now be a catalyst to question their identities as adult women. With its sensitive approach to shared faith and individual freedoms, this nuanced, multi-layered film will stay with you long after you leave the theatre.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.