|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
ERIC CLAPTON: LIFE IN 12 BARS
- Director: Lili Fini Zanuck
- UK / 2017 / BluRay / Colour / 135´ / English; Turkish s.t.
- Screenplay: Stephen "Scooter" Weintraub, Larry Yelen
- Editing: Chris King, Paul Monaghan
- Music: Gustavo Santaolalla
- Producer: Lili Fini Zanuck, Larry Yelen, Stephen "Scooter" Weintraub, John Battsek
- Production Co.: Passion Pictures Films
- World Sales: Altitude Film Entertainment
- Turkish Rights: Fabula Films
- 2017 NATIONAL BOARD OF REVIEW (USA), Top Five Documentaries
Directed by the renowned producer Lili Fini Zanuck, Eric Clapton: Life in 12 Bars is a detailed and painstaking biographical documentary that covers many aspects of the legendary guitarist, from his early childhood to his days with BluesBreakers, The Yardbirds, and Cream, from his struggles with addiction to drugs and alcohol in the ‘70s to his love for George Harrison’s wife Pattie Boyd, and from his solo career to the loss of his young son. Clapton, who scored the soundtrack to Zanuck’s first feature Rush (1991), candidly opens up to his longtime friend about his life marked with success, heartbreaks and sorrow. Gathered by Zanuck from previously unreleased archival footage and sound recordings, Eric Clapton: Life in 12 Bars is named after the “12 bar” format of the blues.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.