|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Teemu Nikki
- FINLAND / 2017 / DCP / Colour / 85´ / Finnish; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Teemu Nikki
- Director of Photography: Sari Aaltonen
- Editing: Teemu Nikki
- Music: Timo Kaukolampi, Tuomo Puranen (KXP)
- Cast: Matti Onnismaa, Jari Virman, Hannamaija Nikander, Pihla Penttinen, Heikki Nousiainen
- Producer: Jani Pösö, Marja Pihlaja, Teemu Nikki
- Production Co.: It's Alive Films
- World Sales: Wide
Veijo, an anti-social, downright psychotic animal lover, makes a living euthanising ill or old pets at the request of their owners in a colourless, bleak forest village in Finland. When his love for animals exceeds the compassion he feels for fellow human beings and he meets a beautiful nurse, Veijo finally crosses the line. With its sharp black humour borrowed from B-movies, Euthanizer, which stands somewhere between Dirty Harry and John Carpenter films– a clear inspiration in terms of mood and aesthetics–is both funny and disturbing. The third feature from self-taught director Teemu Nikki, who grew up in a pig farm surrounded by VHS tapes, premiered at Toronto Film Festival.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.