|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
EX LIBRIS: THE NEW YORK PUBLIC LIBRARY
- Director: Frederick Wiseman
- USA / 2017 / BluRay / Colour / 197´ / English; Turkish s.t.
- Director of Photography: John Davey
- Editing: Frederick Wiseman
- Music: Frederick Wiseman
- Producer: Frederick Wiseman
- Production Co.: Zipporah Films
- World Sales: Doc & Film International
- 2017 VENICE FIPRESCI Award, Fair Play Award
- 2017 CRITICS CHOICE (USA) Best Director–Documentary
In his much lauded Ex Libris: New York Public, which premiered at Venice, the legendary documentarian Frederick Wiseman, who devoted his career to making documentaries that shine a light on how institutions work, takes a closer look at one of the largest public libraries in the world. Wiseman, who carved out a niche for himself with his idiosyncratic view, once again creates a sense of “witnessing” with his trademark non-interventionist style. Ex Libris: New York Public Library is a very special documentary about cultural history and reality that are under treat nowadays.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.