|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Sharunas Bartas
- LITHUANIA, FRANCE, UKRAINE, POLAND / 2017 / DCP / Colour / 130´ / Lithuanian, English, Russian, Ukrainian; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Sharunas Bartas, Anna Cohen-Yanay
- Director of Photography: Eitvydas Diskus
- Editing: Dounia Sichov
- Music: Pawel Mykietyn
- Cast: Mantas Janciauskas, Lyja Maknaviciute, Vanessa Paradis, Andrzej Chyra
- Producer: Sharunas Bartas, Jurga Dikciuviene, Janja Kralj, Olena Yershova, Volodymyr Filippov, Maria Blicharska, Monika Sajko-Gradowska, Michel Merkt
- Production Co.: Studija Kinema, KinoElektron, Reborn Production, Insightmedia Ltd/Tato Film, Donten&Lacroix, KNM
- World Sales: Luxbox
- Turkish Rights: Siyah Beyaz
- 2018 ISTANBUL Human Rights in Cinema Competition -- Best Film
Known for creating fairytale-like atmospheres in his films, Lithuanian director Sharunas Bartas takes viewers on a long journey in his latest which premiered in the Directors’ Fortnight section of Cannes. In the story which begins in Lithuania, young Rokas accepts an offer to take humanitarian aid to Ukraine. His girlfriend will accompany him during this trip. During their journey on the snow covered roads the duo comes face to face with the conflict in Ukraine and the cruelty of war. Bartas (Few of Us, Seven Invisible Men) shot Frost during a three month-long journey similar to his characters in the film. Announced as Lithuania’s Oscar entry, Frost powerfully brings the years-long conflict and the destitute state of the local population to the big screen.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.