|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
GONE WITH THE HAZELNUTS
- Director: Ercan Kesal
- TURKEY / 2018 / DCP / Colour / 40´ / Turkish; English s.t.
- Screenplay: Ercan Kesal, Melek Mutioğlu Özkesen
- Director of Photography: Metin Kaya
- Editing: Adil Yanık
- Music: Serdar Ateşer
- Cast: Katılanlar With: Resmiye Mutioğlu, Sezgin Mutioğlu, Fikret Yapıcı, Beratiye Mutioğlu, İzzet Mutioğlu, Basri Mutioğlu,
- Producer: Ercan Kesal
- Production Co.: Poyraz Film Yapım
- World Sales: Poyraz Film Yapım
“From cooperative work to seasonal employment,” the struggle of a village against capitalism... Set in the Çiçekpınar village in Düzce, this documentary aims at displaying the change of agricultural labour from the 1930s to the 2000s, the transformation of the social structure of the village. How Çiçekpınar villagers transformed from a pre-hazelnut period self-sufficient, solidaristic, communal social form to a post-hazelnut period hierarchically organized social form where each person is responsible for their own works. A miniature transition story from pre-capitalism to capitalism experienced in a small village featuring how the sons of the labouring fathers of the past now perceive their seasonal workers, and many more...
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.