|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
AS BOAS MANEIRAS
- Directors: Juliana Rojas, Marco Dutra
- BRAZIL, FRANCE / 2017 / DCP / Colour / 135´ / Portuguese; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Juliana Rojas, Marco Dutra
- Director of Photography: Rui Poças
- Editing: Caetano Gotardo
- Music: Guilherme Garbato, Gustavo Garbato
- Cast: Isabél Zuaa, Marjorie Estiano, Miguel Lobo, Cida Moreira, Andrea Marquee, Felipe Kenji, Gilda Nomacce
- Producer: Maria Ionescu, Sara Silveira, Clément Duboin, Frédéric Corvez
- Production Co.: Dezenove Som e Imagens
- World Sales: Urban Distribution International
- 2017 SITGES Special Mention–Best Actress, Critics’ Award
- 2017 AUSTIN FANTASTIC Special Mention–Fantastic Features
- 2017 LOCARNO Special Jury Prize
- 2017 RIO DE JANEIRO FIPRESCI Prize, Best Fiction Film, Petrobras, Premiere Brazil
- 2018 GERARDMER Jury Prize, Critics' Prize
The directing duo Juliana Rojas and Marco Dutra’s multi-award-winning new film is a contemporary tale that marries social thriller and fantasy genres. Good Manners follows Nurse Clara who lives alone in São Paulo. A pregnant woman hires Clara as a nanny, and with time, the two get closer to each other, but an unexpected event forces them to reevaluate their dynamic. Starring the impressive Angola-born Portuguese dancer-actress Isabél Zuaa, the film scrutinises bodily transformation and sexual desire as it comments on the concepts of motherhood, social class, and family.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.