|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
GRACE JONES: BLOODLIGHT AND BAMI
- Director: Sophie Fiennes
- IRELAND, UK / 2017 / DCP / Colour / 115´ / English; Turkish s.t.
- Director of Photography: Remko Schnorr
- Cast: Katılanlar With: Grace Jones, Jean-Paul Goude, Sly Dunbar, Robbie Shakespeare, Ivor Guest
- Producer: Katie Holly, Sophie Fiennes, Shani Hinton, Beverly Jones
- Production Co.: Sligoville, Amoeba Films, Blinderville
- World Sales: WestEnd Films
A disco queen, model who shook the fashion world in the ‘70s, queer icon with her androgynous look, charismatic actress, and more importantly bold pop star who managed to reinvent herself through the decades...We are, of course, talking about the inimitable Grace Jones. This documentary follows the making of 2008’s Hurricane, Jones’ much-awaited musical return, and the subsequent tour as it also shares intimate footage of the mysterious star at home in Jamaica with her family. The film is directed by Sophie Fiennes, who is known for her inventive documentaries with Slavoj Zizek.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.