|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Andrea Pallaoro
- ITALY, FRANCE, BELGIUM / 2017 / DCP / Colour / 95´ / French; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Andrea Pallaoro, Orlando Tirado
- Director of Photography: Chayse Irvin
- Editing: Paola Freddi
- Cast: Charlotte Rampling, André Wilms, Stéphanie Van Vyve, Jean Michel Balthazar
- Producer: John Engel, Andrea Stucovitz, Clément Duboin
- Production Co.: Partner Media Investment, Left Field Ventures, Good Fortune Films
- World Sales: TF1 Studio
- Turkish Rights: Fabula Films
- 2017 VENICE Volpi Cup Best Actress
- 2017 CHICAGO Best Cinematography
Four years after being a guest at the Festival with his award-winning first feature Medeas, director Andrea Pallaoro returns with Hannah starring master actress Charlotte Rampling. Rampling plays the titular character, a lonely woman abandoned even by her son when she chooses to stand behind her prison-bound husband. Hannah is a strong and confident character who also dreads confronting a suspicion that’s eating her. Pallaoro, whose plain but meticulously detailed mise-en-scénes are compared to Haneke and Akerman, examines this layered character through a controlled cinematic language.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.