|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Jaap van Heusden
- THE NETHERLANDS / 2017 / DCP / Colour / 102´ / Dutch, English, Romanian; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Jan-Willem den Bok, Jaap van Heusden
- Director of Photography: Melle van Essen
- Editing: Jasper Quispel
- Music: Minco Eggersman
- Cast: Maria Kraakman, Bogdan Iancu, Ellis van den Brink
- Producer: Marc Bary, Steven Rubinstein Malamud
- Production Co.: IJswater Films
- World Sales: Wide
- 2017 AUSTIN Jury Award
The paths of blue-clad Dutch flight attendant Lin and the 15-year-old street urchin Nuci cross in Bucharest when Lin’s cab hits Nuci. With an accident intersecting their lives, the most unusual duo are taken in a fate that gets further tangled and unexpected, undefined, every second. Exploring the streets of Bucharest with a realistic cinematographic viewpoint, In Blue stays engaging throughout thanks to its uncanny atmosphere. The third feature film of Dutch director Jaap van Heusden, In Blue in the words of its director follows two incessantly on the move humans as “their shell is cracked for the first time, creating space for some version of mother care, trust and yes, love.”
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.