|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
LEAN ON PETE
- Director: Andrew Haigh
- UK / 2018 / DCP / Colour / 121´ / English; Turkish s.t.
- Screenplay: Andrew Haigh
- Original Work: Willy Vlautin
- Director of Photography: Magnus Joenck
- Editing: Jonathan Alberts
- Music: James Edward Barker
- Cast: Charlie Plummer, Steve Buscemi, Chloë Sevigny, Steve Zahn, Justin Rain, Lewis Pullman, Bob Olin, Teyah Hartley, Kurt Conroyd, Alison Elliott
- Producer: Tristan Goligher
- Production Co.: The Bureau
- World Sales: The Bureau
- Turkish Rights: UIP
- 2017 VENICE Best Young Actor (C. Plummer)
- 2017 LES ARCS Best Feature, Best Actor, Best Cinematographer, Best Soundtrack (C. Plummer)
Andrew Haigh, beloved by audiences for his elegantly sensitive approach to small and plain stories in films like 45 Years and Weekend, is back at it again with Lean on Pete. 15-year-old Charley Thompson, who lives hand to mouth with his negligent father, finds a job working at a stable for race horses. Here, he forms a special bond with a run-of-the-mill race horse called Lean on Pete. Adapting the beloved novel by Willy Vlautin, director Haigh creates an atmosphere that is too hard to be emotionally indifferent to as he paints a melancholy portrait of the American countryside.
* Opening film
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.