|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
Out of Competition
- Director: Şükrü Alaçam
- TURKEY / 2017 / DCP / Colour / 90´ / Turkish; English s.t.
- Screenplay: Şükrü Alaçam, Mine Ölce Çakan
- Director of Photography: Mehmet Zengin
- Editing: Arzu Volkan
- Music: Hasan Yükselir
- Cast: Alican Yücesoy, Yeliz Kuvancı, Nisa Sofiya Aksongur, İlber Kaboğlu, Nergis Çorakçı, Cem Cücenoğlu
- Producer: Oya Işıl Çuhadar, Şükrü Alaçam
- Production Co.: 3 27 Film Yapım
- World Sales: 3 27 Film Yapım
Year 2000, Samsun... Uğur takes a minibus home. When he shudders, there’s a flash-back with his daughter Berrak’s voice with song of the eighties playing on the radio. Uğur, now working as a machinist in Sivas in 1980 tells his wife Handan that he got a promotion and was assigned to Divriği which meant they had to move again. However, they got a lodging and that’s a good news. Her neighbors mention about Alawite people living in Divriği and this makes Handan worried. After they arrive to Divriği, they can’t find a place to live since the lodging was still occupied. They begin to live in the reserve railway car. Handan is in poor spirits because of their Alawite neighbors, dangers caused by the railroad and not to be able to move to the lodging. After months of waiting, they finally move but the new developments would take them to a different point in their life.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.