|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Zaza Khalvashi
- GEORGIA, LITHUANIA / 2017 / DCP / Colour / 91´ / Georgian; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Zaza Khalvashi
- Director of Photography: Giorgi Shvelidze
- Editing: Levan Kukhashvili
- Cast: Mariska Diasamidze, Aleko Abashidze, Ednar Bolkvadze, Roman Bolkvadze, Roin Surmanidze
- Producer: Sulkhan Turmanidze, Leva Norviliene
- Production Co.: Bafis, Tremora
- World Sales: Alpha Violet
Ali is an old healer who lives on the Georgian mountains keeping a family tradition of hundreds of years old alive. He has three sons who have no interest in continuing with the tradition, but he is hopeful that his daughter Namme will carry the torch. In the meantime, the ancient healing spring Ali uses to cure the sick is under the threat of a dam construction near-by. A sacrifice must be made in order to save the depleting spring. Filled with breathtaking vistas, this coming-of-age story and ode to rural lives carries the heartbreaking melancholy of witnessing a rapidly disappearing lifestyle and offers an affectionate look at the millennia-long dilemma of the youth as to following in the footsteps of their elders or not.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.