|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Rambod Javan
- IRAN / 2017 / DCP / Colour / 110´ / Persian; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Ehsan Goudarzi
- Director of Photography: Bahram Badkheshani
- Editing: Bahram Dehghan
- Music: Hamed Sabet
- Cast: Negar Javaherian, Mohammad Reza Froutan, Mani Haghighi, Atila Pesiani, Alireza Shojanouri, Afsaneh Bayegan
- Producer: Rambod Javan
- World Sales: Iranian Independents
- 2017 FAJR Best Music
Negar, the fourth feature of Rambod Javan, one of the most celebrated actors in Iranian film and TV, premiered at the Fajr Film Festival where it won an award. Negar Javaherian shines as the titular character in this detective drama that keeps the audience guessing until the very end. When her father unexpectedly commits suicide, Negâr loses all her wealth including the house due to her father’s debt. After a dream she has one night, she finds a big cheque in her hand in the morning. As she tries to uncover the connection between the cheque and her father’s death, dreams meld into reality.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.