|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
NO DATE, NO SIGNATURE
BEDOUNE TARIKH, BEDOUNE EMZA
- Director: Vahid Jalilvand
- IRAN / 2017 / DCP / Colour / 104´ / Persian; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Ali Zarnegar, Vahid Jalilvand
- Director of Photography: Peyman Shadmanfar
- Editing: Vahid Jalilvand, Sepehr Vakili
- Music: Peyman Yazdanian
- Cast: Amir Agha’ee, Navid Mohammadzadeh, Hediyeh Tehrani, Sa’eed Dakh, Alireza Ostadi, Zakiyeh Behbahani
- Producer: Ali Jalilvand, Ehsan Alikhani
- Production Co.: Noori Pictures
- World Sales: Noori Pictures
- 2017 VENICE Best Director, Best Actor (Orizzonti)
- 2017 FAJR Best Director
- 2017 THESSALONIKI FIPRESCI Award, Special Jury Award
- 2017 STOCKHOLM Best Script
Vahid Jalilvand, whose debut feature Wednesday, May 9 was screened at the Festival, is focusing on the tragic days of a doctor who is grappling with a guilty conscience. Kave, a principled forensics doctor and a man of honour, gets involved in a car accident and injures an 8-year-old boy. The following day, he learns that the child is dead. Is he the one who caused his death or did the boy die of food poisoning as his colleague has diagnosed? No Date, No Signature scrutinizes notions of cowardice, suspicion, and honesty through a moral dilemma and with its exceptionally strong acting ensemble and screenplay proves that the rising of the Iranian cinema in recent years is no coincidence.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.