|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Tonie Marshall
- FRANCE / 2017 / DCP / Colour / 110´ / French; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Tonie Marshall, Marion Doussot
- Director of Photography: Julien Roux
- Editing: Marie-Pierre Frappier
- Music: Mike Kourtzer, Fabien Kourtzer
- Cast: Emmanuelle Devos, Suzanne Clément, Benjamin Biolay, Richard Berry, Sami Frey
- Producer: Véronique Zerdoun, Tonie Marshall
- Production Co.: Tabo Tabo Films, Versus Production
- World Sales: Pyramide Films International
Premiered at TIFF, Tonie Marshall’s new film depicts the struggles of Emmanuelle, a 40-something senior manager who is fighting to become the first female CEO ever to head a major French company. Ambitious, bold, and quick on her feet, Emmanuelle has to battle both the sharks of the men’s club at work and her constantly nagging husband at home on her way to the top. Will these men who are so willing to trip her up at every turn and unhesitant to be monstrous succeed in stopping hard-working, determined Emmanuelle? This lively and suspenseful corporate drama with an intricate plot hits the bull’s eye with its timely gender-equality-affirming theme and Emmanuelle Davos’ consummate performance.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.